What I've Learned About Mini Pigs (Juliana Pigs)

Saturday, March 24, 2018

As of today, I've had my Lil' Pig for 24 days. He is 6 weeks old. He is litter box trained and completely weaned off milk. So today, I'm going to post some things I've learned about mini pigs.

  • First: Pigs make noise all day! I didn't know this, and I was thinking that he was hungry all the time. I did some reading and it's normal... thank goodness! My pig makes all different kinds of noises. It's hard to describe them. He makes happy noises. Hungry noises. Playing noises. Little short barking type noise when running. When I get better at understanding his noises, I'll post more about them. 

  • Second: My pig LOVES attention. You can't give him too much attention. He'd let you scratch his belly literally all day long if you'd let him. 

  • Third: Pigs don't naturally love to take a bath. I thought my pig would love taking a bath. He didn't. Giving a mini-pig a bath is just like giving a new puppy a bath. They don't like it at first. Hopefully, my pig will get used to it.

  • Fourth: Pigs can run fast. Most people don't think of pigs as runners, but they can book it on them stubby, little legs! My Lil' Pig can run fast, and he loves to run! I walk my pig around the yard daily and he runs and plays. He has our walking path memorized. I haven't started working on leash training. My yard is big enough to let him walk freely while supervised. I plan on leash training soon so that I can take him to parks and on nature walks with me.
Hanging With the Bunnies

  • Fifth: Pigs are stubborn and sassy. I decided to start some basic training with my pig. I want to teach him to sit. I got him to do it one time so far. When he decides he doesn't want to do it, he'll give me this sassy look and just walk off shaky his booty! Pigs listen when they want to unlike a dog. 

  • Sixth: Pigs are smart. I litter box trained my pig in under two weeks. He memorized our walking path. He knows his name. He'll come inside when I tell him to after play time. 

  • Seventh: Pigs are playful. My Lil' Pig reminds me of a puppy in many ways. Like a puppy, my pig will try to play and bite gently. And like you'd stop a puppy from biting, you tell the pig no. He will push toys around. He even bit the nose off of a cheap toy I got him just like a puppy. Unlike a puppy, a pig tends to push or drag his toys around with his nose. I got a cat tent for my pig and he likes to shove a stuffed rabbit into the cat tent for some reason. 
Soaking Up Some Sun
 Well, that's all I'm going to post for now. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments

Feel free to comment, but if you are here to be nasty, then just leave.