Rooster

Monday, February 4, 2019

I posted a while back that one of our hens hatched some chicks, and two of them happened to be roosters. I don't care for roosters. It seems they always turn hateful. But, we decided to keep these two for now, and if they turn hateful, they are going to be chicken soup! So far, they seem to be occupied with each other more than attacking us. I think one of the major differences between these roosters and past roosters is that these were not hand-raised. Our hen raised the chicks on her own until one day she left them. Past roosters were usually bought from Tractor Supply and had been hatched through an incubator, so we had to feed them, keep them warm, and handle them to clean cages. You'd think being handled would make them nicer, but it seems, it may make you competition. If my theory is right, which I'm not saying it is, then roosters raised by their mother and not humans are better and less likely to attack you. So far, that is my experience. Here is a video of one of the roosters trying to peck around in the dirt that my husband was digging up to prepare to plant some veggies.

No comments

Feel free to comment, but if you are here to be nasty, then just leave.